Friday, December 10, 2010

New "Spray Booth"


I live in Vancouver and it gets pretty cold here and I found that whenever I spray painted, the paint would always crack from the cold temperature before I could get it inside my house. So I decided to create a booth that could keep my parts from getting cold and cracking.

Above is my old spray booth, the cardboard box is universal!






































Alas it started to break down... and my paint was cracking.







































Behold! My new box is made of wood! 
A substantial hardware upgrade.






































The bottom chamber is used to house a heater and the top one holds my parts while they're drying up.
I might put a fan in there one day and make it a complete spray booth, but not now.  May not be the most efficient, but it serves it's purpose well.

I can finally get back to working on my models now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment